Tips and Solutions Detail
Eco-Friendly Dinner Party
. . . . . .
If you’ve been inspired to make some life-changes, it’s time to let your friends know you’re going green! Spread the word by inviting friends and neighbors to an earth-appreciating dinner party. Share organic recipes, your favorite eco-friendly products, and show your friends simple changes you’re making to save some green and save our environment. Not sure what to do to go green? See our Earth Day article for some ideas. Nothing’s more refreshing than enjoying nature, and showing your friends that preserving it is easy! Follow the steps below to create green, vibrant dinner party, with reusable dinner décor. Use plants as centerpieces; either from your home or as gifts for your guests.
- Lifetime folding banquet table(s)
- Lifetime folding chairs
- Various plants- lucky bamboo, orchids or other potted plants
- White dinnerware
- White napkins
- White or brown tablecloth
- Mini accent stones and river rocks (optional)
- Squares of slate or tile, one per guest (optional)
- Some great dishes using organic products, such as the following recipe for Grilled Portabello Mushrooms with Pesto Linguine
- Pick a setting. Try to choose a place with lots of natural light, the patio, backyard, or even your living room. This reduces the amount of energy used at the party.
- Send out invites. If you can, send out email invitations. Digital invitations eliminate the need for paper, making your party truly green.
- You’ll want to set the table with crisp, clean, and all white materials. Begin by covering the table with a white cloth. Set out white cloth napkins. If you’d prefer an earthy look, try a brown or beige, earth-toned cloth, with green napkins. Either fold the napkins, or tie each with twine or long grass. Using reusable napkins and table cloths reduce the amount of waste from your party.
- Down the center of the table arrange small pots of plants. Orchids or lucky bamboo look beautiful and make great houseplants for your guests to take home.
- Set out clean, reusable white dishes and glass goblets. Use small white dishes for any dipping sauce or appetizers.
- If your party is outside and in the evening, set out beeswax candles. They create a wonderful, romantic glow, and are made with eco-friendly wax.
- Use your Lifetime Table as a work surface to make Lucite placemats and napkin rings, then clean off and cover with a cloth to set your table for your dinner party!
- If you are having a large party, use several Lifetime round tables or 3 banquet tables shaped into a H or U-shape. Great for conversation.
Recipe: Grilled Portabello Mushrooms with Pesto Linguine
Recipe by Deborah Fabricant. Serves 6
- 6 medium Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with a damp cloth
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- 1/3 lb. of linguine pasta
- ¼ cup fresh pesto
- ½ cup toasted pinenuts
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until just cooked through and set aside.
- Break linguine into 3-4 inch lengths and cook according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and mix with fresh pesto and pinenuts. Adjust the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon linguine mixture into mushroom caps, top with fresh parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Speak with a professional
Give us a call