Tips and Solutions Detail
It's Tailgating Time!
. . . . . .
Whether you’re planning the Ultimate Tailgate or a serious-fans-only party at home, kickoff the football season with a party that proudly flaunts the success of your team
Proudly decked out in your favorite team colors, this setting’s a winner for any stadium parking lot or living room. Use the steps below to give your table just the right touches to score big with friends and family.
- Lifetime Folding Tailgate Table with wire rack (perfect for grilling and serving) or Sport Table
- Lifetime folding chairs
- Try to get all the items listed below in your favorite team’s colors
- Your favorite game day snacks
- Several large toy football helmets
- Key chains with your teams emblem (one per person)
- Construction paper in your teams colors
- 3-hole punch
- Team stickers
- Spread the word! Tell all your fanatic friends about your tailgate or party, and invite them to wear team colors.
- Fill the team helmets with chips and pretzels, using them as bowls.
- Roll napkins, using your teams key chains. When you set up, stack them beside the plates and forks.
- Make football folders: Type up statistics, trivia and information about both teams playing and print them out on your bright colored construction paper. Use a 3-hole punch, and put them inside the folders. Place a team emblem or sticker on the front with a personal welcome to your guests.
- Remember to bring a cooler full of a refreshing beverage, or consider bringing a large thermos full of hot cocoa if it’s cold out. It will be appreciated!
- For more ideas and tailgating information go to www.americantailgater.com
Recipe: Grilled Flank Steak Sandwiches
- One large flank steak, lightly scored
- 6 oz. Pineapple juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp. Ground ginger
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 2 large baguettes, cut in half lengthwise, then into 6” lengths
- Horseradish Cream (see recipe below)
- Place flank steak in a large resealable bag. Mix together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, ginger, honey and maple syrup. Pour into bag, squeeze out excess air and seal.
- Marinate for 6-8 hours. Drain, reserving marinade. Boil marinade for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Grill steak over hot coals until medium rare, about 4 minutes per side, basting with hot marinade. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the flank steak on the diagonal into thin slices.
- 5. Lightly toast the bread over the coals, spread with horseradish Crème and pile high with thin sliced flank steak.
Recipe: Horseradish Cream
- ¼ cup bottled horseradish, drained and squeezed dry in a kitchen towel
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Dry mustard
- ½ tsp. Sea salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup crème fraiche ( or ¼ cup whipped cream and ¼ cup sour cream, mixed together)
- Combine all ingredients and chill well. Spread on sandwiches, use on Baked potatoes or with prime rib. Makes about ¾ cup.
Speak with a professional
Give us a call