Tips and Solutions Detail
Make A Father's Day Card
Give him a “hand” with this heart-warming card
Does the day before Father's Day usually drive you to a frantic phone call to your mom? Try making something special this year right at home. Why fight the crowds of last-minute shoppers and go for the usual store bought gift, when you could make something memorable and special, right at home? Thank your dad for all his love, service and sacrifice with a unique, homemade card. And if you've already bought something, you can turn any ordinary gift into something extraordinary by acompanying it with a home-made card. All you need is some cardstock, patterned paper, embellishments, and a photo!
- Lifetime table
- Liftime chairs
- Greeting card or folded cardstock
- Patterned paper
- Small photo
- Rub-on letters or letter stickers
- Your children’s (helping?) hands
- Washable paint
- Embellishments like stickers or patterned paper
- Journaling pen
- Cover outside of card with patterned paper.
- Mount photo on cardstock and add to layout.
- Create title using rub-ons and a letter sticker mounted on a metal-rimmed tag.
- Add children's handprints and photos to inside of card. Use the washable paint to avoid stains--you know what will happen if you don't! For a special personal touch, let the kids write messages beside their handprints.
- Embellish with patterned paper, epoxy stickers, computer and hand-written journaling.
Daddy Card by Valerie Salmon Supplies: cardstock; patterned paper by Chatterbox; epoxy stickers by Creative Imaginations; letter sticker by Doodlebug Design; rub-ons; metal-rimmed tag; computer fonts.
Speak with a professional
Give us a call