Got mad basketball skills on the court? It's time to put them to the test and enter the Lifetime Trick Shot Contest for a chance to win a brand new Lifetime Basketball Hoop! If you want to enter to win, here is a quick look at the rules followed by the full rules for entry:
- Must be 14 years or older to enter
- Trick shot must be performed on a Lifetime Basketball Hoop
- Post video on social media using #lifetimetrickshotcontest and Tag Lifetime Products
- Entries must be submitted by October 24th, 2020, 11:59 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
- 1st place will win the brand new Mammoth Portable Basketball System available at Dick's Sporting Goods
- 2nd and 3rd place will win a Lifetime Basketball Hoop
- Top 20 will win basketballs
For the complete rules and details, see below:
TRICK SHOT OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Trick Shot Contest (“Contest”) is open to residents of all states except Arizona and the District of Columbia who are fourteen (14) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers and agents of Lifetime Products, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling), are not eligible to enter or win. Trick shot must be made on a Lifetime Basketball hoop in order to win any prize within the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein.
2. CONTEST PERIOD:
Videos may begin to be created and submitted September 28th, 2020 and must be submitted by October 24th, 2020, 11:59 PM (Mountain Standard Time) to qualify. Trick Shot Videos must be filmed and created during the contest period.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
Post your trick shot video to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube account and use the hashtag #lifetimetrickshotcontest and Tag Lifetime Products. Lifetime Products handles are as follows:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/lifetimeproducts (@lifetimeproducts)
Instagram: www.instagram.com/lifetimeproducts (@lifetimeproducts)
Twitter: www.Twitter.com/Lifetime (@Lifetime)
If an Entry contains additional people other than only the entrant, please note that the one (1) person submitting the Entry will be considered the entrant and only the entrant is eligible to win a prize. No other person in the Entry is eligible to receive a prize.
Submission of more than one Entry per entrant is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries.
Entries will be judged. See Rule #5 for Judging Criteria. All Entries must be received during the Contest Period. No other forms of Entry are valid. See Rule #4 for additional Entry Guidelines & Prohibited Content. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #4) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT:
Entries must meet the following requirements:
1. Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
2. Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
3. Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages);or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
4. Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, published; (b) has not received previous awards; and (c) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
5. Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
6. Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
7. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be posted on Sponsor’s website or in any other form of publication, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries posted to Sponsor’s website are not edited by Sponsor and are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
5. CONTEST JUDGING TO DETERMINE THE GRAND PRIZE AND OTHER WINNERS:
All eligible Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”) by a panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor. The Judging Criteria includes: (1) Creativity; (2) Originality; and (3) Skill. The one (1) Entry receiving the highest cumulative scores awarded by the Panel will be deemed the Grand Prize winner and receive the Grand Prize (subject to verification). 2nd and 3rd place winners will likewise be determined and awarded the 2nd and 3rd place prizes respectively. Top 20 contestants will also be identified, and awarded as stated in “Prize Details”.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION:
The top prize winners will be announced, and their trick shot videos shared on October 28th, 2020. The potential winner will be notified via direct message and will be required to respond to the notification within 24 hours indicating whether he/she can accept his/her prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within 24 hours. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate potential winner.
7. PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand prize consists of one (1) 54” Mammoth Portable Tempered Glass Basketball System. If winner cannot accept the prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. 2nd Place prize consists of a 52” Shatterproof Basketball System. 3rd Place prize consists of a 48” Shatterproof Basketball System. Top 20 trick shot contestants will receive a Lifetime Basketball.
Prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE:
Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and Contest agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, and (b) Winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, submitted biography, voice and/or likeness and prize information, and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and Contest purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval. All materials submitted become the property of Lifetime Products, Inc. and will not be returned.
9. PUBLICITY AND COPYRIGHT LICENSE:
You grant Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferrable right and license to exploit your Entry (including, without limitation, your name and likeness and the names and likenesses of any and all persons in the Entry, and any intellectual property rights (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.) contained in the Entry) in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, intellectual property rights, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, display, distribute, publicly perform, create derivative works of, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to such use including without limitation, distribution, reproduction, creation of derivative works of, public performance, or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.