Tips and Solutions Detail
Teacher Mini Album
. . . . . .
Rather than giving your child's teacher flowers or candles at the end of the school year, why not make a mini album so the teacher can remember the highlights of the year? Try out this envelope album. It provides plenty of room for photos, and the pockets are great for storing messages from each of the children. I'd recommend asking your child to be in charge of collecting photos, notes and memorabilia from all of the students in the class. When he or she helps out with the project, it really becomes a gift from them. In fact, other students may be interested in helping out as well. Designate age-appropriate tasks to them so the album will truly represent everyone!
- Lifetime Table
- Lifetime Chair
- Stationery envelopes measuring 4 3/8" x 5 3/4"
- Two pieces of chipboard cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Double-sided tape or other adhesive
- Patterned paper and embellishments
- Photos, notes and memorabilia
- Slide each piece of chipboard into an envelope and tuck in the flap to cover the chipboard.
- Adhere one chipboard-stuffed envelope to the plain side of another envelope to create a sturdy cover. (The pocket of the exposed envelope should be on the inside of the book cover and should open to the right.)
- Stuff the flap of the exposed envelope inside itself.
- Construct the pages of the book with pockets on the left and blank pages on the right. To do this, pick up another envelope and fold back at the crease. Then slide the flap of this new envelope into the exposed pocket of the inside cover. (This should give you a pocket on the left and a plain page on the right.)
- Continue folding back the flaps of each envelope and sliding them into the previous envelope until you reach the last page.
- After folding back the last pocket, tape the remaining chipboard-stuffed page directly on top of the exposed pocket to create a back cover.
- Close the envelope and hold it carefully with the cover facing the ceiling. Carefully pull open the spine and place tape between each flap and the previous envelope to hold in place.
- Decorate the envelope book with patterned paper, stickers, die cuts and other embellishments.
- Fill pockets and plain pages with photos, journaling and memorabilia.
Thank You Mrs. Larsen Album by Shaunte Wadley. Supplies: stationery envelopes; patterned paper by Chatterbox and Karen Foster Design; stickers and charms by Karen Foster Design; ribbon by Fibers by the Yard and Scrapworks; labeler by Dymo; eyelets by Creative Imaginations; bottle caps.