Tips and Solutions Detail
Basketball Hoop Maintenance Checklist
. . . . . .
Lifetime basketball systems are built to withstand all types of weather. All of our parts are designed to handle both cold and hot temperatures, so there really isn’t much maintenance needed. But, by taking a few extra minutes to follow this quick maintenance checklist, you can keep your system looking new year after year.
1. Check the water level in your portable base regularly and fill it to capacity. (Lifetime bases are made out of high-density polyethylene plastic that is flexible enough to expand with the water when it freezes. So, adding antifreeze is not necessary.)
2. Check and replace the nylon net if worn or damaged. If you know you will not be using the system for a long period of time (during the winter etc.), it is usually a good idea to take down the nylon net so it does not deteriorate over time.
3. Check all nuts and bolts. If any are loose, tighten them.
4. Check all parts for excessive wear and tear. If necessary, replace any parts that have been worn or damaged through usage.
5. Check the Pole Cap for cracks or tears that could let water in the Pole. Contact Customer Care for replacement parts if needed.
6. Check all pole sections for visible rust or chipped or cracked paint. If either are present, use an emery cloth to completely remove any rust or chipped paint. Clean the area with a damp cloth and allow it to dry. Apply two coats of a rust preventative, high gloss enamel paint to the area. Allow the paint to dry between coats. If rust has penetrated through the pole anywhere, replace it immediately!
Find the Right Hoop