Tips and Solutions Detail
Gathering of Goddesses
. . . . . .
At any girls night or girls-only party you’ve heard the phrase “fit for a queen”, well what about “fit for a goddess”? Plan a girls night to top all others using rich, warm colors and fresh flowers. You and your girlfriends deserve a night of indulgence and pampering. This party plan gives your girls night a glittering Indian theme in rich, warm colors, topped with a delicious desert. Why be treated like a queen when you can be treated like a goddess?
- Lifetime banquet table
- Lifetime folding chairs
- An open-sided tent or canopy decorated with hot pink Indian-inspired fabric and brightly colored ceiling panels made out of silk or satin lengths of fabric.
- Bright fabric or table cloth (Indian inspired fabric also looks great)
- Gold chargers decorated with Bindis or self-stick Indian jewels along the rim
- Gold candle and candlesticks, or all shapes and sizes
- Moroccan glassware
- Gold fabric placemats
- Fishbowl centerpiece: you’ll need: One large fishbowl, over-sized sequins, small gold balls (or a string of plastic gold beads), and a hot glue gun
- Flowers- Bright green miniature mums, hot pink Cockscomb, hot pink zinnias, and hot pink dendrobium orchids.
- Deb's delecious Chocolate Cups Filled with White Chocolate Mousse and Strawberries (see below)
- Send out girls night invitations! Think of who you’d like to spend a relaxing evening with, or the girlfriend you know who just needs a break. Use the download below for invites you can print at home.
- Put up an open-sided tent or canopy and decorate it with hot pink Indian-inspired fabric and brightly colored ceiling panels made out of silk or satin lengths of fabric. Hang it near your table, this works very well outside on warm nights, and looks beautiful when the sun sets. You may also want to position it to block the wind from blowing out the candles if you choose to set up outside.
- Set the table with your bright fabric or table cloth and top with the gold chargers decorated with Bindis or self-stick Indian jewels on the rims. Don’t be afraid to have fun with your plates and silverware too. Whimsical touches of glitz and glamour will make your girls night unforgettable!
- Set out all your gold candlesticks, any shape, any size and fill them with a variety of gold candles.
- Set Moroccan glassware and gold fabric placemats at each place.
- Finish the table with the fishbowl centerpiece, full of fresh flowers. To make the centerpiece: Start about 4” down from the top of the fishbowl and begin to glue the over-sized sequins around the bowl, overlapping slightly. Glue another row of sequins above the first, again overlapping the sequins. Continue to glue the sequins in rows until you have 5 rows and have reached the rim of the fishbowl. Glue small round gold balls around the rim of the bowl and allow it to dry.
- Time to add the flowers! Fill the bowl almost to the top with water. Immerse half of the flowers, stems cut off, into the water. Arrange the other half of the flowers as you would a regular arrangement, above the rim of the fishbowl. With any leftover flowers, make tiny arrangements in Moroccan glassware and arrange around the large fishbowl. What girls night is complete without fresh flowers?
- Once your guests have arrived, eaten and socialized, end the girls night with a relaxing event such as pedicures, manicures, massages, or facials. Transform a room in your house into a spa-setting with white towels, scrubs, and sweet smelling creams, and offer each of your guests a chance to lie down and enjoy a treatment of their choice. Either hire professionals to provide the services for you, or gather a few friends beforehand who have some experience and are willing to give either a massage, pedicure, manicure or facial.
- Indian fabrics, Bindis, and glassware can be found wherever Indian accessories are sold. One good resource is Little India in Cerritos, CA. Many shops have online stores that are easy to find.
- Large sequins and gold balls can be found in most bead shops or Craft stores
- For a girls night with a large crowd, use 3 tables to form a big square, centered in the tent. Place the three tables side-by-side leaving about 1 ½ feet in between. Purchase 2x6 plywood and lay over the openings. Cover the table with white sheeting, fabric or cloths to reach the floor. Proceed with the decoration of the tables.
- Before your girls night party, trying emailing everyone a few days prior with notes on who will be attending. This gives everyone time to “get to know” the other guests before the party even begins!
Recipe: Chocolate Cups Filled with White Chocolate Mousse and Strawberries
- Purchased chocolate cups (A good resource is https://www.surfasonline.com)
- 10 white chocolate bars
- 20 marshmallows
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- ½ pint heavy cream, whipped
- Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- Powdered sugar and a strainer
- In the top of a double boiler melt the chocolate bars, marshmallows,Vanilla and milk. Stir with a whisk until smooth and well blended. Cool. Fold in the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture and chill until firm.
- To serve: spoon or pipe the white chocolate mousse into the chocolate Cups, and chill until serving time. At serving spoon strawberries over chocolate. Place powdered sugar in a fine strainer and dust desserts with sugar. Serve immediately.
Find the Right Hoop