Tips and Solutions Detail
Advantages of Raised Bed Gardening
. . . . . .
Whether you are an established gardener, a wanna-be gardener who just can't seem to find your green thumb, or a complete gardening newbie, Raised Bed Gardens make gardening easy. They can significantly increase your yield while drastically reducing the work required to tend to a garden.
Established gardeners can expand their growth, and growing season, by placing Raised Bed Garden Boxes in places where "traditional" rows may not be practical due to space, irrigation, poor soil, or other concerns.
People who have "failed" at gardening in the past may have been overwhelmed with the enormity of setting up a traditional "row-style" garden, and having to tend a large space. Raised Bed Gardens are a very attractive solution to get a significant amount of crop, without devoting a significant amount of space -- or time.
And, for those who have never gardened before, Raised Bed Gardens make it easy to start small, with just one or two boxes to grow a very wide variety of edible greens, root crops, melons -- just about anything really! And, with a Lifetime Raised Garden Bed Kit, you can even have you first garden set up and ready to start growing in less than an hour!
Raised Bed Gardening is a growing method which allows you to grow a larger, more plentiful harvest with less cost, in less space, using less water and seeds, and less work than traditional gardens. Yes, less is definitely more! Raised Bed Gardens also:
• Grow five times as many crops as traditional gardens because of plant placement
• Use 20% of the space of single-row gardens.
• Can be located closer to the house where they will get more attention and care, resulting in a better, easy to manage garden and a more usable harvest.
• Reduce water usage because your gardening space is more compact and productive, so you only water the productive area of your garden and not weeds or empty soil.
• Eliminate tillers, added fertilizers, or weed killers because they use specially formulated soil
• Reduce weeds because the special soil used i is not dug from your existing soil which means it does not contain weed seeds. And, the soil is not as compact which means if weeds seeds blow in, they are easily removed.
Finally, growing your own garden, whether in a traditional garden or in a Raised Garden Bed, helps families improve their health through better nutrition and save on grocery bills. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give Raised Bed Gardening a try… your garden and green thumb will both be budding in no time!